Monday, July 27, 2009

to set

Quite ill last night...tried to get through it, slumped asleep almost the moment I landed home...Dreams quite unusual, abstract, the cutting-room floor situation. A cheque from "Ruth", or in that name, moral questions running through the thought processes about cashing it in. Railways and level crossings running at right angles to the road. Doubtlessly something else mildly sexual. Woke very early on, remained in a half-asleep state consciously forcing myself awake until around five o'clock.

To set...as in jelly, or bombs. Or is that "to plant"? Our continued bastardisation of verbs. Something must be wrong, there always is something. Jumping to conclusions like stepping-stones only in this instance the water isn't shallow. Maybe there was deep water in the dreams, too, although I had been staring into the Albert Edward Dock for the best part of the whole weekend just gone...

Later: a holiday. The readership of this blog has recently broken the 1,000 barrier, and thanks to the background programmes I use, I know all the popular towns from which readers come. I thank you all for visiting. For most of August access will be almost impossible but I know you'll find other parts of the Internet to visit. Right now: need to finish a bit of writing and reviewing. Another course to...well, I suppose, set...